Friday, April 22, 2011

WIW: What I Wore

I'm not good with taking posed "outfit" photos - most of my photos are out-and-about and so are usually some kind of action shot. But there was recently a rainy day and I was going through my closet trying to trawl through all the stuff I never wear because I'm a) lazy, b) forget so many items exist, c) don't have time to style it.

So anyway, I pulled out the most adorable Sass & Bide mini cape that I'd bought several years ago and never worn (!) and decided to bite the bullet and find an outfit to match. It's really elegant but it can be quite hard to style because it's cropped and doesn't have arm holes like a lot of other capes do. So I thought I should start trying to take better photos of outfits and start a WIW or What I Wore tag on this blog.

So here's the outfit I came up with to head out for a casual long lunch + coffee date with the girls - excuse the fingerprinted mirror (sometimes I get a little too close when doing my eyeliner!). I took a photo with my Louboutins, but being rainy and cold I wore my Burberry rain boots instead. They weren't the best match for the outfit, but practicality won over since it literally rained all day non-stop.
Close up of the cape <3

Splendid v neck top, Sass & Bide capelet, Dangerfield high waisted skirt, Christian Louboutin decollete
I should probably add, my sister would kill me if I didn't mention the long story of how I managed to nab this particular capelet. I had been eyeing it for a while and everyone seemed to know, but then I kind of forgot about it for a while. Then one day my sister and mum were shopping and there it was hanging on a rack a good 50 metres away. It was the last one, so she practically ran to the rack only to get there just before someone else who was also eyeing it off. It had no price on it, but after some investigation they found out it was on sale, and there you have it, the beloved cape was in my possession. These are the types of stories attached to clothes which I love - see, clothes invoke memories and come with great stories!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely outfit! I love grey! And the cape is amazing, you should start wearing it more often.
    Thank you for your kind words about my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete